Saturday, June 29, 2013

Design Project: Final Art Work

So our topic is "How does Technology affect our lives."
I've spent a very long time thinking about it and finally I came out with very childish sketches that my brain managed to come up with.

Sketch 1: The evolution of Technology

Sketch 2: Sucked into TV - Controlled by Technology

Sketch 3: Technology is Life - We don't need real food

Sketch 4: One robot can do EVERYTHING

Sketch 5: Technology causes obesity


I researched online as well as off. Online didn't help me much as all they showed me were things I already know but didn't inspire my hands to move. Offline however, I thought and imagined by myself. I looked at people and watched their moves. Then I thought of myself. And it came to me, if there was one I kept doing it was to use technology, so much as I cannot live without it. Even during the holidays, I am either stuck on my laptop watching my dramas or glued to the television. Out of interest or boredom I still end up with my techno buddies. Which is why I wanted to draw something that channeled me, helpless and trapped.

So the one approved is sketch 2 and this are the few pictures that helped made the final sketching come together.

Source
This shocked woman helped me create a shocked woman of my own..

For this drawing, I wanted to show surrealism as I wanted the drawing to say that it's the one controlling us and not us them. So technically we're trapped.

Step 1: Scan and Save file as a photo with resolution 300 (This is also my official finished drawing master piece)


Step 2: Color the Lips and then the whole phone as well as laptop.










Step 3: Color the TV and all in it.





Step 4: Create threshold to enhance drawing


Step 5: Create Distorted Swirls to ad effect of being trapped. (Colors turn into black because of threshold)



Step 6: Save in JPEG and PDS file.

The colors used for this assignment is chosen because it's dramatic and speaks volumes. I drew the tv to the side because I wanted the whole thing to be in focused and not just the tv and the trapped soul.

I spent about two days on the assignment and I'm not so happy with the results because I came across some technical difficulties as well as mental blocks that prolonged the time taken to finish this assignment. 
I am proud to say however that I managed to finish it and I learned a lot in the process of finishing it.

This is my final artwork.



I hope I did alright. I put my all in it. Every non-artistic bone in my body worked together to create this masterpiece.
I can only pray that it's enough to get me the grade I want and from this class I hope to bring along all I've learn and put it to future good use.

HUGE THANK YOUS to Mr Khairul and my friends for being super patient and helpful along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment